If it is true that conventional detergents pollute the oceans, it is also true that used cooking oil pollutes them, albeit under different conditions and with different consequences.

In our daily lives we need detergents to keep our homes sanitized and clean and we need cooking oil to prepare various meals. But how can we avoid this pollution and continue using these two products? Find out how in this article.

Consequences of conventional detergents

As we know, there are several articles that indicate that the foam of some chemicals in the detergents we usually use have harmful effects on aquatic life.

In other words, traditional detergents have synthetic surfactants that are not biodegradable as they do not naturally decompose in the environment of at least 60% of their surfactants in less than 28 days.

These surfactants, together with the added chemicals, serve to ensure the cleaning power of the detergents, but the cost associated with this cleaning power (which is quick) is very harmful to the environment (which is not the case in the case of ecological detergent).

For example, the “strong” layer of foam that some detergents form in the water, in addition to preventing the passage of sunlight into the aquatic environment, is also responsible for removing the oily layer in birds that gives them the ability to float. . When you remove this oily layer, the birds will end up drowning.

Consequences of improper disposal of used cooking oil

In addition to this harmful action of traditional detergents in the aquatic environment, there is also the problem of inadequate disposal of used cooking oil.

Used cooking oils are widely used in our homes and in catering establishments to prepare various foods. Once used, cooking oils must be properly stored and sent to collection systems (oils) or recovered by the user.

The possibility of them being deposited down the sink drain or toilet should never be considered, as it has a very negative environmental impact.

According to data from Quercus , one liter of used cooking oil is enough to contaminate one million liters of water, which is enough for a person to survive for 40 years.

Can we transform used cooking oil into environmentally friendly detergents that don't pollute the oceans? Yes we can.

Taking all these negative aspects into account, EcoX decided to “clean” the oceans, solving these two problems simultaneously, through ecological detergents made from recycled cooking oil.

As EcoX ecological detergents are produced essentially from raw materials of vegetable origin, they are highly natural and biodegradable. 60% degradation occurs in less than 24 hours due to the absence of complex carbonate chains and the remaining 40% decomposes within a few days after use.

Furthermore, these ecological detergents do not contain phosphates that promote algae growth, threaten other marine life and reduce oxygen levels in the water.

EcoX products become even more ecological because they can be purchased in bulk in an economical way, allowing you to specifically purchase the quantity of detergent you want and, thus, adapt your purchases to the real needs of the moment.

By reusing packaging we are also making an important contribution to reducing the consumption of plastics with all the benefits from an environmental point of view.

These ecological and natural detergents therefore ensure the reuse of environmentally hazardous waste, have good cleaning power with controlled foam, do not have a negative impact on the oceans and allow you to buy only the quantity you need.